One of the worst household chores is doing the dishes. There’s a good reason why your family fights over whose turn it is to do them. The chore is time-intensive and zero fun. If you are tired of dishpan hands or nightly arguments, then it might be time to consider buying a dishwasher, such as the Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ.
A dishwasher saves time and hassle. Plus, you no longer have to argue over whose night it is to do dishes because everyone can just put their dishes in the machine as they use them. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued by the manufacturer
The good news is that manufacturers create today’s dishwashers, such as the Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ, to make your life easier and to provide you with amazing features. They are much improved over older dishwashers, so your dishes get sparkling clean. You no longer have to worry that the kids didn’t do the best job washing or that the machine will let you down. Make a change to the family chore chart and get dishes clean thanks to your new dishwasher instead.
An Overview of the Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ
Whirlpool brings you the WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher. This company is a well-known brand that makes every dishwasher it sells completely in the United States. Whirlpool focuses on creating innovative designs that are easy to use. The company wants you to use its products without a lot of hassle. That is why it eliminates the guesswork and makes each dishwasher easy to operate.
Whirlpool also has a commitment to innovation and finding new technology that best meets its customer’s needs. It wants to provide you with appliances that meet a higher standard. For dishwashers, this means they use less water and energy to produce the same high-quality results you expect.
The Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ is just one example of the line of dishwashers Whirlpool presents to you. It is a built-in style, meaning the design of it is so you can slide it under the counter. It should look like the contractor installed it when building your home.
Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ specifications
Whirlpool described the WDTA50SAHZ as a stainless-steel tub pocket handle dishwasher with TotalCoverage spray arm. It has a range of features to help make operation easier and to ensure perfectly washed dishes with each use.
The first characteristic of this dishwasher is the control panel and cycles. The control panel is tap touch. It has automatic temperature control and a cycle status indicator that provide the time left on a cycle.
It offers a normal and heavy cycle. You also have the option of the Sani rinse cycle, which sanitizes your dishes with heat to remove up to 99.99 percent of all food and bacteria.
The unit also has a high-temperature wash option. The one-hour wash cycle provides you with quick cleaning that gets your dishes sparkling in half the time of a normal cycle. To ensure your dishes come out clean after every wash, the machine uses a soil sensor during the sensor cycle.
The sensor cycle allows the machine to analyze the load for temperature selection, size, and soil level to guarantee a good wash. The unit also offers a last cycle recall, so you can get things started quickly. Finally, it provides a dry cycle with an extended dry option.
A look inside
Of course, what is happening on the inside of the dishwasher is also very important. The Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ features two nylon racks. The upper rack is adjustable by two inches either by raising or lowering it. Racks feature a plastic cup shelf and a silverware basket that can go on the lower rack or on the door for more space inside the unit for dishes. It can hold up to 15 place settings.
The machine has three wash arms using TotalCoverage technology. That means they have twice the jets and use smart sequence spray patterns to ensure more coverage and a better clean. The unit has dispensers for detergent and a rinse aid.
The stainless-steel tub of the Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ retains heat during the wash and dry cycles. It also cools fast. This dishwasher features a water filter and is Energy Star Certified. It has a flat style door with a stainless-steel colored plastic pocket handle.
For easy cleaning, it is fingerprint-resistant. You can get the unit in stainless steel, black, or sunset bronze. It measures 24 1/2 inches deep, 34 1/2 inches high, and 23 7/8 inches wide.
- 【SMALL SIZE, LARGE CAPACITY】This portable dishwasher only measures 16.9 x 16.8 x 18.1 inches, but holds 4 full place settings and fits up to 12" dishes loaded at an angle, easily meeting daily needs for a family of 3-4; the double-layer design offers enough space for 4 x serving bowls, 4 x cups, 4 x small plates, 4 x dinner plates, 7 x spoons, 7 x forks and 7 x knives; perfect for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats, and campers/RVs
- 【NO INSTALLATION NEEDED】This countertop dishwasher supports 2 water supply modes, including a faucet mode and water tank mode; a built-in 5 L water tank allows instant use when fully filled. The automatic water level indicator lets you know when the correct water level has been reached; to use the faucet mode, simply connect the water inlet hose to the machine and faucet
- 【BABY CARE MODE】This compact dishwasher offers 5 wash cycles - Normal, Speed, ECO, Baby Care/Heavy, and Fruit; the Baby Care/Heavy mode with 167 °F washing temperature is suitable for baby products and oily tableware, which rinses them thoroughly and gives glassware a sparkling clean finish
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you don't need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
Whirlpool: The Good and Bad
When considering any dishwasher, you need to have a look at the company behind it. In the case of the WDTA50SAHZ, this is Whirlpool. The chances are very good that you have heard of this company. Whirlpool makes a wide range of appliances and does so all in the United States. The made in America label on its products is just one way it stands out. Here is a look at more positive things about this company along with a couple of negatives.
Consumer Reports gathered information about top dishwasher manufacturers and determined Whirlpool ranks in the top three. It gets recognition for being one of the most reliable brands on the market with consistent ratings from experts and consumer for the reliability of its machines. It also is known for producing units that are not likely to break down in the first five years.
Whirlpool doesn’t do so good when it comes to actual customer care. It only gets a good satisfaction rating from consumers versus an excellent rating other top companies get.
Consumer Affairs reports that when it comes time for a repair, it is very difficult to get timely service, and it can sometimes be a hassle to get the repairs done. They also have issues with the company’s customer service, saying they are difficult to work with.
Wrapping Things Up
Based on information from consumers, it seems the WDTA50SAHZ is a great buy. It offers many features and performs at a very high level.
Also, it’s easy to use and clean. It is affordable as well. Plus, Whirlpool’s good reputation for creating reliable appliances is a great perk. Overall, if you are in the market for a new dishwasher, it is well worth it to consider buying the Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ.
Last update on 2021-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API