- Dimensions: Depth - Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7" | Depth - Door Shut (without Handle): 20" | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29" | Dishwasher Size: 21" | Height - Maximum: 17.2" | Height - Minimum: 17.2" | Product Depth: 21.7" | Product Height: 17.2" | Product Width: 19.7" | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you don't need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
- A convenient and small Energy Star certified dish washing machine for cleaning the dishes after dinner or cooking. Simply load the dishes in the dish basket and cutlery rack and let this white dishwasher do the dirty job. Easily sits on countertops or tabletop requiring less space
- With simple to use control panel and light indicators. Program selector has 6 wash cycle options: heavy, normal, ECO, glass, speed, and rinse for your different dishwashing needs. Delay button light to postpone wash cycle
- Features a quick connect assembly with accessories including inlet and drain hose and a faucet adapter for water lines that are compatible with round-shaped faucet outlets with removable aerators, and 55/64"-27 male or 15/16"-27 female threads underneath
Technology has come a long way in recent years. As human engineering ability advances, appliances keep getting smaller — and dishwashers are no exception. These days, you can even buy a countertop dishwasher!
Originally, the dishwasher was seen as a luxury. Most people grew up washing the dishes by hand. However, as dishwashers dropped in price and became more commonplace, people began to utilize the automatic cleaning of dishes.
Countertop dishwashers are smaller than full-size dishwashers. What are some other differences? Do they have different energy needs or capabilities?
Countertop Dishwashers vs. Full-Size Dishwashers
Is bigger better? Not always, as both versions of dishwasher have their advantages and disadvantages. For instance, the countertop dishwasher fits almost anywhere. If you have a small space in your home or apartment, then a countertop dishwasher will probably fit.
For the most part, the features of a countertop dishwasher are comparable to those of a normal-sized dishwasher. Although they may not have as bells and whistles, the countertop versions still contain the same basic elements.
The washing racks are there. The automatic detergent and rinse features are present in most of them. The only difference comes down to size. Countertop dishwashers offer more flexibility when it comes to fitting inside your home.
How We Chose the Best Countertop Dishwasher of 2018
Features are a huge factor in the decision-making process. It’s great that a countertop dishwasher runs dishes. But, how does it go about this? Does it have a rinsing agent? How energy efficient is it? How many plates can it hold?
Features aren’t the only thing considered. Price is also a significant factor. If it’s too expensive, it won’t be the best. A reasonable price means a lot.
The quality of the product and the price all come together to create a fantastic countertop dishwasher. So, which option on the market is the best for you?
- Durable stainless steel interior and spray arm; Tub Material : Plastic
- Dish rack and silverware basket; up to 6 standard place settings capacity
- User friendly controls; automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
When you're talking countertop dishwashers, space is a huge factor in sales. After all, there's a reason you aren't buying a full-size dishwasher. At only 17.24 inches in height, the SD-2201W is one of the best-sized countertop dishwashers on the market. Besides the height, this countertop dishwasher provides six washing cycles to choose from.
This product also features a rack and silverware basket. Tired of manually adding detergent to your dishes? With this countertop dishwasher, you no longer need to worry about that. The process is automatic. The dishwasher will take care of both detergent and the rinse agent for you.
With an MSRP of $256.49, it's hard to beat this deal.
Edgestar DWP 61ES
- Cycles: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Glass, Speed, Rinse and Hold
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter
- ENERGY STAR certified, 120 Volts/60 Hertz
Using technology is sometimes a pain. Luckily, the technology used in this countertop dishwasher takes away the aches and pains of learning new things — it's just that intuitive. For starters, a digital control panel lets you know exactly what your countertop dishwasher is doing. An LED display shows you all seven of the wash cycles as well as containing a child lock. Not only that, but you also can use the "delayed start" function. This feature allows you to wash your dishes even if you're not in the room.
At an MSRP of $349, it is a bit on the pricier side. But, you get what you pay for. And with this countertop dishwasher, you get quality.
Costway EP 22565
An MSRP of $288.99 is a fantastic deal when you learn about all the exciting and useful features this countertop dishwasher gives you. Starting out, six wash cycles greet you with a variety of ways in which to clean and rinse your dishes. Speaking of cleaning and rinsing, the EP 25565 contains a detergent and rinse aid dispenser.
If you're looking for a countertop dishwasher that's quiet, look no further then the EP 25565. It runs quieter than most other countertop dishwashers, so you don't need to worry about the whirring and whining coming from your kitchen. An LED display helps you easily operate the dishwasher, and the interior of the countertop dishwasher is stainless steel. All in all, an excellent countertop dishwasher.
Some countertop dishwashers only hold dishes. However, others are a bit fancier and hold other types of items The Sunbeam is one of them. It features a cutlery basket and cup shelf. This lets you maximize the space of the inside while also allowing you to organize and separate all of your dishes. A stainless steel interior allows for up to six place settings, and the countertop dishwasher also has six different wash cycles.
Another one of the major selling points of the Sunbeam is the ease of use when it comes to setting up the countertop dishwasher. It's as simple as connecting the dishwasher up to the faucet, and you're all set to wash dishes to your heart's content. It ranges in price from $240 to $279.99.
- Choose from six different washing cycles: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Glass, Speed, and Rinse
- Spacious stainless steel interior holds up to six place settings
- Cutlery basket and cup shelf maximize usable space
Energy savings is a huge deal in the world. And now, you can get in on this action if you buy the Danby countertop dishwasher. It's Energy Star compliant, which means the countertop dishwasher doesn't waste energy. Instead, it runs efficiently and even saves energy. Featuring six place settings and wash cycles, the dishwasher also fits under most cabinets.
Full of features, the DDW also contains an improved arm spray system. This means that your dishes get cleaner when compared to other countertop dishwashers. Ranging in price from $200 to $240, the Danby DDW truly impresses with its slew of features.
SPT SB 22-4DS
While the previous SPT countertop dishwasher on this list only had six wash cycles, the SB 22-4DS contains seven of them. It's a little more expensive but well worth the price. A "delay start" feature is another of the functions that improve your countertop dishwasher experience. Another helpful feature is a function that informs you when the faucet is not turned on. This saves you time and makes your life much easier.
Holding up to six standard place settings is a norm for most countertop dishwashers, but is a welcome addition to this particular one. An LED display also shows you information coming from the dishwasher. At an MSRP of $280.49, this countertop dishwasher shouldn't be passed up.
Magic Chef MCSCD6W3
Magic Chef is known for their amazing countertop dishwashers, and the 6W3 is no exception. It contains an array of amazing features, including a residual drying system. This allows the dishes to dry by using air from inside the dishwasher, eliminating the need to drip- or towel-dry. It should also be noted that a feature of the 6W3 includes an anti-food device. This lets you know when the drain needs to be cleaned.
Six place settings and an automatic rinse and detergent cup make this an excellent buy. And, with prices ranging from $200-$250, it's a great value.
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Seven (7) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter fits standard sized kitchen faucets / Beautiful digital display
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 2.85 gallons
With an MSRP of $349, this countertop dishwasher costs more than most of the ones on this list. However, with all the features it comes with, it's well worth the price. One of the stellar features the DWP62SV boasts is the number of dish cycles. It handles seven dish cycles, so you have complete freedom when it comes to choosing your cycles. With a flush back, the Edgestar practically fits anywhere. And adaptability is important when it comes to countertop dishwashers.
A digital control panel displays the controls for the dishwasher, so you have direction over what goes on. Overall, a solid choice for a countertop dishwasher.
Midea is one of the most trusted names in appliances, and they don't let you down when it comes to countertop dishwashers. The SSDA boasts an impressive array of features, including the ability to fit anywhere. At 49.5 pounds, it's a little on the light side when comparing it to other countertop dishwashers. An LED display lets you see exactly what's going on. The LED is simple to understand, and you'll be washing dishes like a pro in no time.
With a price ranging from $400 to $460, this is an expensive countertop dishwasher. However, you should give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
Sunpentown makes amazing countertop dishwashers. Multiple inclusions on this list should hammer that point home. The 2202W is a perfect example of their artistry of appliances. One of the great features involves the delayed start. You can delay starting the cycle up to eight hours, so you shouldn't worry about time. Six wash cycles and place settings make this an even sweeter deal, and the 2202W doesn't disappoint.
A faucet adapter makes hookup simple and easy. Stainless steel lines the inside of the countertop dishwasher, so you don't need to worry about the inside getting messed up. Ranging in price from $240 to $300, the 2202W is worth the price.
The Best Countertop Dishwasher of 2018
After careful consideration, and taking into account many factors, we think that the Danby DDW621WDB is the winner. It has the perfect combination of amazing price (between $200 and $240) and an exciting host of features. Plus, it comes from a company that knows their appliances. The Danby should be trusted. When researching on your own, keep the Danby in mind.
Buy a Countertop Dishwasher Today
It's always the right time to buy a countertop dishwasher. It's so handy, and you never know when you'll need one. It comes in such a compact size that it is nothing but helpful. You can't go wrong if you pick any one of these countertop dishwashers.
Last update on 2021-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API